Approved: ASR Pro
In some cases, your computer may display the Fallout new vegas ffdshow. There can be several reasons for this problem.
I found this guide and wanted to post it here for everyone
“1-Fallout 3 New Vegas freezes and freezes randomly in the middle of a video game, BSOD error
Random crashes, including BSOD errors, can occur under certain multi-core hardware conditions due to incompatibility with the game player engine. You can try to avoid these requests by limiting the game to only two cores.
1. Open the fallout.ini file in the My Documents My Games FalloutNV folder with the text in an editor such as Notepad.
6. Repeat steps 2-5 while the fallout_default.ini file is in the installation (default directory C: Program Files (x86) Bethesda Softworks Fallout New Vegas)
I must say that this is a great solution and a godsend for those who suffer from production problems.consistency. Download the Area dx9.dll file as described in the following instructions and you may notice a significant performance increase with a fresh installation of Fallout:
2 Nevada. Place the file in ../steamapps/common/fallout new las vegas (or wherever your falloutNV.exe is located)
3. Also restart the game on Steam. The game now uses 9 DirectX rendering paths instead of my back-computed DX9 API with DX10
I don’t know about you, but it seems to me that sudden mouse acceleration is a nightmare. I’m not sure if this is the correct feature or a bug, but if anyone wants to disable it, follow these methods:
1. Open FalloutPrefs.ini in the My Documents My Games folder with falloutnv in a text editor.
Save and close the file (this assumes that the file is not the best for reading – in this case, remove the primary read attribute from the file properties). Reboot online and the mouse acceleration issues should eventually be resolved. Repeat steps 1-3 Fallout_default for.ini to find the Steam steamapps common fallout new vegas folder.
If most of the steps above still do not start the cube, try running Play the game in windowed mode here.
6-Fallout 3 New Vegas: severe desktop crash during intro or launch, chocolate screen issues, sound issues
May be displayed above if FFDShow codecs are installed on your computer. Fallout Engine 3 shows up when you need to have incompatibilities with them, and it is recommended that it crashes as well as issues with popular music. You need to either remove the codecs you see from the system or add them to the FFDShow audio and video decoders list in fallout3.exe.
1. Launch the ffdshow video decoder settings window. Can you do this more often through the Start Menu. If you have installed many codec packs, check them in the Start Menu list. If you cannot find this item in the Start menu, right-click the main ffdshow video decoder icon (red) that appears in the taskbar when playing a supported video file, and select the ffdshow clip decoding option from the menu.
2. Check the box next to “Do not use ffdshow in” if not already enabled
While Fallout: New Vegas- good game; It’s also better suited for bugs, crashes, and performance issues. If you are here, it probably means that you have been the victim of one or more of these ailments. There are fixes that are good news and this guide will help you get the most out of your Fallout game.
- This article does not cover mod troubleshooting and it is recommended that you disable all our mods and create a new save before you start using the procedures listed here. ul>
- This report is the first edition and many fixes are likely to be missing. If anyone has any solutions or suggestions that should not be listed here, feel free to post them in the comment box to express your gratitude, and I would be very grateful.
- I highly recommend that you back up any files you change during the troubleshooting process.
- I am not responsible for most of the damage you may incur when using the methods describedlisted in this guide.
Before You Start
- Update your drivers.
- Clean up the registry defragmentation and the overloaded disk.
- Compare your system to the system factors in Fallout: New Vegas. A great routine for this is a tool that anyone can find here.
- Check the integrity of the sports cache:
- Steam Charger
- In the My Games tab, right-click a game and choose Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local Files tab and click the Check Integrity Game Cache … button.
- Steam will make sure to validate Written Game Cache (GCF) documents – this process may take a minute or two.
- Upon completion of the process, the test window is closed automatically. Source
Fixed Dilemmas When Starting The Game
- Full game compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3. After that, when installing the game by re-validation, copy the game files.
- Select the game in the skin and run it from there.
- Uninstall each game> run Regcleaner> reinstall
- Discover this specialMy fallout.ini file in the Documents My Games Fallout New Vegas folder:
- We often find the line: bUseThreadedAI = 0
- Replace it with: bUseThreadedAI = 1
- Then add another company and paste: iNumHWThreads = 2
This will prevent more cores from being used in the game. The multi-core is causing crashes in the Gamebyro engine.If the game still crashes, cancel iNumHWThreads = 1
Fixes For Stuttering On (Lag)
- Turn on V-Sync in the launcher preferences. Then open your Fallout.ini, search for ifpsclamp = 0 and increase your refresh rate (usually 60). If you encounter during slow motion play, fix to 30 i.e. your iFPSclamp = 60
- Quickly click Game and select Properties. Click the tab, maybe nice, and activate “Disable visual themes”
- Even after a certain patch was released, many people report that using the full d3d9 patch has always helped to improve the performance of the game. To get this patch, download the appropriate file here and place it in your Fallout game directory.
- Disable V-Sync
Eliminates Quality Issues Withwookie
Approved: ASR Pro
ASR Pro is the world's most popular and effective PC repair tool. It is trusted by millions of people to keep their systems running fast, smooth, and error-free. With its simple user interface and powerful scanning engine, ASR Pro quickly finds and fixes a broad range of Windows problems - from system instability and security issues to memory management and performance bottlenecks.
- 1. Download ASR Pro and install it on your computer
- 2. Launch the program and click "Scan"
- 3. Click "Repair" to fix any issues that are found
1. Remove the FFDshow codec or redistribute Fallout NV on its exclusion list.
2 sec. Open sound settings and set 2.1 sound for your personal configuration.
- Go to Start -> Run – type dxdiag and click OK.
- Click the Sound tab, then DirectSound Test and wait for each individual test to complete.
- If only one error occurs, use the slider to turn off hardware acceleration by sliding it all the way to the right to the No Acceleration mark.
4. Update the tone of the map set using the method outlined in the Prefix section.
- Fidgety mouse control
Scroll down until you find some header controls. Scroll down to the BTM in this section and add the following: fForegroundMouseAccelBase = 0 fForegroundMouseAccelTop = 0
It’s over for now, but since I figured there are other fixes, I’ll keep looking beyond adding a comment if you have any suggestions / solutions to follow. I will be very happy to pay tribute to you and I will be very grateful to you. appreciated. At this point, if there are any issues with this article, be sure to contact PN or leave a comment. I have tried to fully comply with the Nexus rules, which I know will continue to apply.
If next time this article does not solve your problem, search the Nexus support forums in the main directory. If customers still can’t find the answer, families can create a branch with your disease, system specs (you can find them by running DxDiag from the search bar of the new start menu or using the Sprint utility) which you modified to run, and a good detailed description your problem.