Here are some simple methods to help you fix the Hotmail 550 Relay Not Allowed error. If you try to forward email from an email client that does not support outbound email authentication, you will receive a “550 relay must not be allowed” error. This is a standard setting in many email clients such as Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird.
As with many errors, a specific error from an unauthorized 550 relay can have several causes. Some have always been common here:
- You are trying to send emails through our mail server without authentication.
- Your ISP has blocked the loan you are sending emails about.
- Our mail servers are often not listed as the primary MX record for the domain you are sending email to.
- The DNS records for the domain being sent were recently updated.
- There is a correct forwarding on the receiving side, definitely the email address to which you need to forward the fact to another email address that is being linked It is sent to the original email address, an endless loop.
This is an incomplete entry, but these are the most common causes of this error. Read below to find out how to fix any issue.
How do I fix Error 550 in Outlook?
Here is just a list of solutions you may need when you encounter this error caused by any of the above:
- To send emails through all of these mail servers, your mail client must be configured to use SMTP authentication. Do I need to register our mail servers with login and password.
Regular mail clients add a new checkbox to the configuration account with the keyword “This server requires authentication.” This checkbox must be checked, otherwise find the option in our own outgoing mail server settings that relates to authentication and set it to the same username and password as the incoming mail server.
If so, then there is no option with the same credentials as the incoming mail server, you need to specify your fulle-mail address as your username, and then enter your mailbox password in the password field.
- Some ISPs, eg. B. Block aol, send email on port 25. If this is your ISP, configuring SMTP on Transport 587 is an alternative that works in almost all cases.
- Our mail servers do not accept mailboxes for domains for which our mail servers do not have accurate primary MX records (ie, the lowest priority number records). If people are getting 550 error when submitting to our servers and they are not their primary credentials, you should increase the priority of the MX records of the existing records.
- This error can also appear shortly after changing DNS. If the domain’s DNS cache has not yet been updated to reflect the latest changes, there may have been 550 errors. Waiting will make a big difference in this case.
- This is just removing the redirector that ends this loop. Remember, you can fix autoresponder redirects. If they refer to an email address for whichThis is usually an answering machine and needs to be replaced or removed.
If you continue to receive an error from someone, please contact support, they can help you.
How do I fix Outlook 550 relay not permitted?
I get the error “550 relays not enabled”. How do I fix this? I am using Outlook.
Check for errors when entering your email address.Check if your email IP address is being penalized.After a while, try sending an email.Try to move the port of outgoing mail.Check if IP filtering is enabled.Enable SMTP Authentication.For troubleshooting, see SSL Method.Contact your internet service provider.
This topic is locked. You can continue voting on the questions or, if helpful, it is more likely that you will not be able to answer in this conversation.
To subscribe to
- Subscribe to the rss feed
- Volunteer moderator
1.1) or server error: 550 The repeater is definitely not authorized, authentication required / The repeater is not licensed. The most common reason is the missing certificate in the outgoing mail settings. Your email address and corresponding password are also required for outgoing mail. tld. You are using port 25, which is suitable for outgoing mail.
- The author of the article
Outgoing Email Settings
10 people found this answer helpful
OshThe box “550 Authentication Required for Relay” means that your mail server requires SMTP verification to send outgoing e-mail. Unfortunately, the email client used to send webmail was not authenticated with your header and password. Fortunately, this error can be quickly and easily fixed.
How do I fix 550 authentication required?