In this guide, we’ll highlight some of the possible causes that could cause you to enter BIOS on your Mac mini, and then outline some possible recovery methods that you can try to fix the problem.
Approved: ASR Pro
To access the open firmware of your MacBook, you must first lock your computer. Then re-enable it below and simultaneously hold down the Command, Option, 0 and therefore F keys while the server boots to enter the Open Firmware interface.
MarylandIf you want to be in the BIOS settings of our mini PC, PC or laptop, press the specific Delete button while the device boots up (only the AWOW logo is displayed). You can then review the BIOS settings and change the environment as needed.Mayor land
Working with newer Mac firmware can be rewarding, but some of the risks may outweigh the benefits.
Hold CMD, OPT, then F with your left hand. The original CMD has an apple and all the OPT keys are in the same form as the ALT key on the PC keyboard.
Enter commands when the prompt “0>” appears on the screen.
Type “mac-boot” and adjust “Enter” to exit the firmware and start the operating system.
Enter the contract “Enter” and “Shutdown” to exit the firmware and turn off the computer.
Approved: ASR Pro
ASR Pro is the world's most popular and effective PC repair tool. It is trusted by millions of people to keep their systems running fast, smooth, and error-free. With its simple user interface and powerful scanning engine, ASR Pro quickly finds and fixes a broad range of Windows problems - from system instability and security issues to memory management and performance bottlenecks.
Be very careful when using Mac firmware. Sometimes errors can render the system unstable and potentially void the warranty.
Learn about Mac features and tools that you can access by pressing and holding one or more keys during startup.
To use all of these keyboard shortcuts, press and enter the keys immediately after pressing the Effects key to turn on the Mac, or your Mac will begin to reboot later. Hold until the described behavior occurs.
- Command Up (â) -r: Start using macOS built-in recovery. Or Option-Command-R-Use or Shift-Option-Command-R to boot from outside macOS Recovery Online. macOS Recovery installs multiple versions of macOS, depending on which key you use in combination at startup. If your Mac uses a password, the firmware popprompts you to enter a password.
- Option (â ¥) or Alt: Launches in Boot Manager, which allows you to select other available boot volumes or volumes. If your Ultimate Mac uses a firmware password, you will be prompted for the password.
- Option-Command-P-R: Reset NVRAM or PRAM. If your Mac uses this simple firmware password, it will either ignore this key combination or start macOS recovery. (Â ‡ §): Â
- Shift Start in safe mode. Disabled when using firmware with a password.
- D: Run Apple Diagnostics. Or use Option-D to download so it can be done from the internet. Disabled when using a firmware password.
- N: Boot from NetBoot server if your Mac supports network boot sum. To use the default server boot image, hold Option-N instead. Disabled when using a firmware password.
- Command-S: Launch in single user mode. Disabled later in macOS or Mojave, or when using a firmware password. Start
- t: Enabled in target disk mode. Disabled when using firmware password and. Start
- command-v: activated in verbose mode. Disabled when using a firmware password.
- Eject (â) or F12, mouse button or trackpad button: eject a removable disk, for example. B. optical discs. Disabled when using a firmware password.
If The Keyboard Shortcut Doesn’t Work
If the keyboard shortcut doesn’t work at startup, one of the following solutions might help:
- Press and hold all turns of the combination, not one at a time.
- Shut down your Mac. Then pull out the power button to turn on the Mac. Then hold the keys while the best Mac boots up.
- Wait a few seconds until you hit the keys so your Mac has more time to get serious about the keyboard when it boots up.
- If you are using a wireless computer keyboard, connect it to your Mac if it works. Or use the built-in keyboard or your own wired keyboard. If you are using a PC keyboard for example. For example, any keyboardwith Windows logo, try this keyboard for Mac.
- If you are using Boot Camp to boot from Microsoft Windows, set macOS boot in your hard drive boot preferences instead.
Remember, if your Mac is using password-enabled firmware, some of the keyboard shortcuts are devices.
Release date: A
Information about Mac features and tools that a user can access by holding down one or more keys during startup.
Release date: A
To use any of these key options, hold down the keys immediately after pressing the power key to turn on your trusted Mac, or after the Mac is ready to restart. Keep the button pressed until the described behavior appears. (ÂŒ˜) -R: Â Start
- Ordering through macOS Built-in Recovery. Or use Option-Command-R or Shift-Option-Command-R to start recovering macOS from the web. Mac uses a password, firmware that asks for a password.
Shut down your Mac.Press the power switch and hold Command-S while your Mac boots up.Release the buttons when you see a black screen with white text.
Mac does not have BIOS. Mac starts with EFI. On a real PC, there is no equivalent to BIOS settings.