Last week, some of our readers reported that they stumbled upon winamp.sk.
A leak of Winamp 5.8 has recently spread across the Internet. Therefore, people have decided to provide you with this new version that we have changed.
Therefore, we recommend that everyone download this version and not another, because we Make sure you can safely use this jar.
This app is not an ongoing project, but make sure we are doing well for now.possible future of the new Winamp. Scroll down to find out more!
Long-term Winamp logo (see above) and revised 2017 d. logo (below)
Winamp 5.8 with all Bento skins
|Original author (s)||Nullsoft|
|First published||April 21, 1997; 24 years ago|
|Stable version||5.8.3660 (October 19, 2018; 2 years ago) [±]|
|Written in||C  / C ++ |
|Operating system||Windows, Android, (DOSamp),  under Mac OS (MacAmp)|
|Available in||18 languages |
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Brazilian Russian, Romanian, Swedish, Turkish, Hungarian, Indonesian
Winamp may be a media player for Microsoft Windows that was actually developed by Justin Frankel and Dmitry Boldyrev    from their company Nullsoft, which they then sold to In aol in 1999 for $ 80 million. It was then acquired by Radionomy until 2014. It is marketed as freemium since version 2, is extensible with plugins and skins, and offers music creation, playlists, and a media library maintained by a large online community.
Winamp version 1 was released in 1997 and quickly gained popularity with over 3 million downloads,  in line with the changing trend towards sharing MP3 (music) files. Winamp 2.0 was released on September 8, 1998. The 2.x versions were very popular and made Winamp one of the most downloaded Windows applications.  Winamp had over 25 million  users in 2000, and even in 2001it had 60 million users.  Poor reception compared to 2002 changes. Winamp3 was followed by the release of Winamp 5 in 2003 and a later version 5.5 in 2007. A discontinued version for Android was also released, as well as the first equivalents for DOS, as well as for the Macintosh.
Winamp 5.8 (written as Winamp 5. ) revealed common users in 2018. The Radionomy team itself decided to keep the level of protection for the home in the release version.  Radionomy later announced its intention to release Winamp 6. 
In February 2021, the Winamp Community Update Project (WACUP) released its preliminary version of Winamp WACUP, which reportedly contains many fixes and is suitable for Winamp Media Player. WACUP is typically a project of former Winamp developer Darren Owen. 
- Reading formats
- Winamp supports music playback with MP3, MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 1 & 4, AAC, FLAC, m4a, WAV and WMA audio layers. Winamp was one of the first widely used music players on Windows to beNative configurations supported Ogg Vorbis playback.  It offers continuous MP3 and AAC ReplayGain playback as well as volume control on tracks. CD support includes playing and importing music, including audio CDs, optionally CD-text, and music CDs. The standard version limits the write speed and the maximum data transfer rate; The “Pro” of each of our versions removes these restrictions.  Winamp recommends playing Windows Media and Nullsoft Streaming Videos. For MPEG, AVI, and other unsupported video types, Winamp uses the Microsoft DirectShow API for playback, which allows you to play videos with most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 surround sound is generally supported if formats and decoders are allowed. 
- Media Library
- During installation, Winamp will search the user’s system for media files added to the media library database.  It supports fully qualified Unicode and Unicode filenames for metadata media files.  In the Media Library UI area under Local Media, there are several options (Audio, Video, Agreed Delivery Date and Frequency) to display subsets of media files with more detailed information. 
- Added album covers and track tags
- Retrieve Album Art allows you to retrieve the corresponding artwork and validate it before submitting the image to the database. Auto-tagging takes the sound of the track into account with the Gracenote Specialist and extracts the ID2 and ID3 metadata of the song. 
- Winamp can also be used as an excellent RSS media aggregator, capable of publishing, downloading articles, or playing content such as streaming media. SHOUTcast Wire provides a telephone directory and RSS subscription system for podcasts.  
- Multimedia drawing support
- Winamp offers extensible support for simple media players and cool mass storage compatible gadgets, Microsoft PlaysForSure and ActiveSync, and syncplays dangerous music from iPod.  
- Multimedia Monitor
- Winamp Media Monitor allows you to browse the web and bookmark music blogs, and automatically streams all MP3 files. Media Monitor includes preset music magazine URLs. 
- Winamp Remote Control
- Winamp Remote allows you to play (stream) unprotected media files on a visitor’s PC over the Internet. The remote control adjusts the speed according to the available bandwidth, which can ultimately be accomplished via the Web-based GUI, Wii, PlayStation, or even Xbox 360 and cell phones. 
- In February 98, Winamp was rewritten with a plug-in architecture as a “universal disk”  . This feature has been well received by users.   Development was early, varied and fast, with 66 plugins released in November 1998.  The Winamp SDK allows developers to There are seven different types of applications that are related to add-ons. 
- Enter: Decodes some file formats.
- Output: Send to make sure you have the data or files of a specific device.
- Visualization. Offers sound graphics. Manipulate
- dsp / effect: audio for special effects.
- General purpose plugins add convenience or user interface functionality (media library, wake up or pause on logout).
- Media Library adds add-in functionality to a media library add-in.
- Portable plugins support wireless media players. 
- Support for plugin development has increased the flexibility of Winamp, for example for many specialized plugins for game console music files such as NSF,  USF, GBS,  < / sup> GSF,  SID,  VGM,  PSF, spc,  < / sup> and PSF2.
In October 2018, the CEO of Radionomy, Alexander Sabundjyan, promised that a new version of the company, Winamp 6, would be released by 2019, but at the time of this writing, the types of versions have not yet appeared. In fact, Radionomy exists and has been renamed Shoutcast.
Winamp works fine with Windows 10.
Winamp is still a great player and its support for third-party plugins is definitely unmatched, but it definitely shows its age and today you will be more comfortable using a more modern music tool like MusicBee or VLC media player.